Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I am not voting...yet

On October 29, 2007, many will be voting for the Barangay Elections. My Lolo Kito's brother is running for Barangay Captain in Sobredillo, where I vote. I would want to vote for him...but I have already decided not to vote since last month.

Not yet, that is. I don't know if I will vote...ever again. Maybe...but not in my hometown...anymore...i think. I don't know. I'm not really sure. Mama's death is still too painful.

I lost faith in it? Maybe. But I am not losing hope.

I am hoping that one day, a new breed of leaders will be seating. Not the politicians who are holding office, who are only after their own gains. Not "leaders" who will have people killed for their own ends. Not "leaders" who only enrich themselves. Not "leaders" who are so hungry for power.

In my lifetime, I would also like to see leaders who are really leaders. Leaders who respect the lives and the rights of their constituents. Leaders who fear God...who really fear God...as in truly fear God.

I hope....I am praying for it.

No comments: