Friday, July 03, 2009

It's been five days since I started teaching in my old University. Boy, I am really having a blast! Carlo said I look more contented, happier and blooming every time I go home; in contrast to looking harassed and haggard every time I come home from regular work. My ever observant Rhyss said, "Ma, you're coming home earlier when you had two jobs!"

Yes, teaching gives me a sense of high. It's different. A very good and fulfilling respite from my 8-5 job that ends until almost 9 in the evening.

It's so refreshing to be surrounded by students who listen to you and students who look forward to what you will say even if they are not studying. But having 50 students in my class also scares me....am I imparting the right things? do they understand? are they learning from me? Is there one hour with me worthwhile?

Becoming a teacher is really one thing that I never expect to be so fulfilling despite the odds.

No comments: